Wachau Valley Winery Bicycle Tour from Vienna
The Wachau Valley - Austria’s most famous wine region along the Danube River - is just an hour away from Vienna.
On this day trip from Vienna, you'll catch the train to Krems and then start the bike ride on flat paths surrounded by terraced vineyards. After lunch, spend the afternoon learning about Austria’s wine and history while meeting new friends. Along the way, visit charming Austrian villages before arriving back in Krems for the return to Vienna by train at the end of the day.
It’s a day you will remember long after your travels end!
Rates - including tax
(Ages 11 and Under):
Tour / Activity Details
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Maximum 12 persons per order. Tour does not include hotel pickup; the centrally-located departure location in Vienna will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.
There is a $6.95 USD processing fee per order. This is a flat fee regardless of the number of tickets or tours purchased on an order. There is a service charge per ticket. This charge will be reflected on your summary before you checkout. The total shown at checkout includes any fuel surcharges, service charges and tax. There are no additional charges, unless otherwise specified.
Tour / Activity Policies
Cancellation Policy: There are no refunds. All sales are final.
Change Fee Policy: If changes are allowed on a tour or activity, a $20.00 per reservation change fee will be applied for any change to a reservation. Please note that some tours and activities do not allow any changes. Date changes can only be made only if we can confirm availability on the new date. While we cannot guarantee any changes can be made, all change requests must be submitted a minimum of 24 hours prior to the tour departure and must be handled on an individual basis through our Reservations Center.
Tour / Activity Description
COVID-19 Protocols Updates
- The so-called "3-G" rule is in effect for visitors from all countries. In order to travel to Austria without quarantine requiremenets, you must provide either a valid proof of vaccination, a negative Covid test or proof of recovery from Covid. Individuals without any of those three items are allowed to enter Austria but are required to register upon entry (pre-travel clearance) and quarantine for 10 days. A negative test result ends the quarantine.
- Wearing an FFP2 face mask is MANDATORY in all public indoor areas in Austria, including public transportation.
- Specifically for Vienna, children from the age of 6 require an entry test. For children aged 6-11, a PCR-test no older than 72 hours or an antigen test no older than 48 hours is valid as an entry test. For children aged 12-15 (who are not vaccinated/recovered), a PCR test no older than 48 hours is valid as an entry test. The "Holiday-Ninja-Passport" is not accepted in Vienna. Only the specified testing requirements are valid.
- Visit the picture perfect town of Dürnstein, a UNESCO World Heritage Site
- Wine tastings in traditional and local family-owned taverns (for those ages 18+)
- Bike along the most beautiful stretch of the Danube River
- See the former prison of King Richard the Lionheart
- Discover century-old terraced vineyards
- Accompaniment by an expert guide
- Transport by train
- Bike rental for tour duration
- 2 Wine Tastings (4-5 wines each tasting for those ages 18+)
- Gratuities (optional)
What to Bring/Wear
- Dress comfortably for a day of easy biking
- Sun protection - sunscreen, sunglasses & hat recommended
- Warm clothing in case of cold weather - especially in April & October
- Water - there will be opportunities along the way to refill or purchase bottles of water
- You may be supplied a basket or bike bag (panniers) for each bike to carry bags and personal items - there is also the option to leave items at the shop in Krems.
- You will visit a local wine tavern serving a great selection of hot and cold meals at very reasonable prices. Vegetarian meals and homemade desserts also available (lunch not included but can be purchased on the day of your tour).
- Maximum 12 persons per order.
- This tour operates rain or shine.
- Your guide will have rain ponchos for sale if needed. If you do not use your poncho, your guide will happily buy the poncho back from you.
48 Hours Minimum Advance Booking Required. Tour does not include hotel pickup; the centrally-located departure location in Vienna will be specified on your E-Ticket. Rates are per person in US dollars. Please order online or call us in the USA at 212-852-4822 to order or for more information.